Children's Homes and Institutions in Cambridgeshire, England
AB=Northern Ireland Area Board; IS=Industrial School; LA=Ladies' Association; PL=Poor Law Home;
Rfy=Reformatory School; SA=Salvation Army; MH=Magdalen Home; MB=Mothers/Babies;
CS=Certified School; AS=Approved School; CHE=Community Home; LD=List D;
PHm=Probation Home; PHs=Probation Hostel; BI=Borstal; DC=Detention Centre;
DB=Barnardo's; WS=Waifs & Strays / Children's Society; NCH=National Children's Home; CC=County Council;
BC=Borough Council; LC=London Borough Council.
Links marked * are to pages on www.workhouses.org.uk.
- Ely Diocesan Maternity Home, 48 Bateman Street, Cambridge (MH/MB)
- Isle of Ely Council Reception Home, 36 Cambridge Road, Ely (CC)
- Isle of Ely Council Home, Eastwood House, March, Ely (CC)
- Ely Diocesan Refuge, The Haven, Ely (MH/CS)
- Isle of Ely Council Home, Wilburton Manor Wilburton, Ely (CC)
- Isle of Ely Council The Chantry Children's Home, Ely (CC)
- Cambridgeshire Council Red House, 25 Newton Road, Little Shelford (CC)
- Cambridgeshire Council Children's Home, 5 Queen Street Close, March (CC)
- Cambridgeshire Council Midfield Reception Centre, Cambridge Road, Oakington (CC)
- Cambridgeshire Council The Grange, 20 Market Street, Swavesey (CC)
- Cambridgeshire Council Children's Home, 204 Norwich Road, Wisbech (CC)
- Training Home and Servants' Free Lodging, 74 Walsoken Road, Wisbech (LA)
- Isle of Ely Council The Orchards Children's Home / Orchard Hostel, 97 Money Bank Road, Wisbech (CC)
Except where indicated, this page () © Peter Higginbotham. Contents may not be reproduced without permission.