Children's Homes and Institutions in Co. Limerick, Republic of Ireland
AB=Northern Ireland Area Board; IS=Industrial School; LA=Ladies' Association; PL=Poor Law Home;
Rfy=Reformatory School; SA=Salvation Army; MH=Magdalen Home; MB=Mothers/Babies;
CS=Certified School; AS=Approved School; CHE=Community Home; LD=List D;
PHm=Probation Home; PHs=Probation Hostel; BI=Borstal; DC=Detention Centre;
DB=Barnardo's; WS=Waifs & Strays / Children's Society; NCH=National Children's Home; CC=County Council;
BC=Borough Council; LC=London Borough Council.
Links marked * are to pages on www.workhouses.org.uk.
- District School, East Mall, Glin* (PL)
- St Joseph's Industrial School for Roman Catholic Boys, Glin (IS)
- St Joseph's Reformatory for Girls, Clare Street, Limerick (Rfy)
- Villiers Schools and Orphanage, Henry Street, Limerick
- Mount St Vincent Female Orphanage, O'Connell Avenue, Limerick
- St Vincent's Industrial School, O'Connell Avenue, Limerick (IS)
- St George's Industrial School, Pennywell Road, Limerick (IS)
- Protestant Orphan Hall, Pery Street, Limerick
- St Joseph's Industrial School for Roman Catholic Boys, Sexton Street, Limerick (IS)
- Limerick City Council Borough Home, Shelbourne Road, Limerick* (MB/BC)
- Limerick Home, St Mary's, Clare Street /Pennywell Road, Limerick (MH)
- Protestant female Orphan Home, Upper Mallow Street, Limerick
- County Limerick Council County Home, Gortboy, Newcastle West* (MB/CC)
Except where indicated, this page () © Peter Higginbotham. Contents may not be reproduced without permission.