Leadhall Grange Residential Nursery, Harrogate, Yorkshire
In 1948, the West Riding County Council opened the Leadhall Grange Residential Nursery in premises at Leadhall Drive, Harrogate. The premises could accommodate up to 20 children, together with the necesary staff plus six student nursery nurses.
In 1972, the running of the nursery was taken over by the newly created North Yorkshire County Council.
The establishment closed in late 1970s. In more recent times, the premises were occupied by a care home for the elderly.
- Higginbotham, Peter Children's Homes: A History of Institutional Care for Britain s Young (2017, Pen & Sword)
- None identified at present.
- Many thanks to Diana Nottage for the photos.
Except where indicated, this page () © Peter Higginbotham. Contents may not be reproduced without permission.