Children's Homes and Institutions in Co. Limerick, Republic of Ireland
AB=Northern Ireland Area Board; AS=Approved School; BC=Borough Council; BI=Borstal;
CC=County Council; CHE=Community Home; CS=Certified School; DB=Barnardo's;
DC=Detention Centre; IS=Industrial School; LA=Ladies' Association; LC=London Borough Council;
LD=List D; MB=Mothers/Babies; MH=Magdalen Home; NCH=National Children's Home;
PHm=Probation Home; PHs=Probation Hostel; PL=Poor Law Home; Rfy=Reformatory School;
SA=Salvation Army; WS=Waifs & Strays / Children's Society.
Links marked * are to pages on www.workhouses.org.uk.
- District School, East Mall, Glin* (PL)
- St Joseph's Industrial School for Roman Catholic Boys, Glin (IS)
- Limerick City Council Borough Home, Shelbourne Road, Limerick* (MB/BC)
- St Joseph's Reformatory for Girls, Clare Street, Limerick (Rfy)
- Villiers Schools and Orphanage, Henry Street, Limerick
- MountSt Vincent Female Orphanage, O'Connell Avenue, Limerick
- St Vincent's Industrial School, O'Connell Avenue, Limerick (IS)
- St George's Industrial School, Pennywell Road, Limerick (IS)
- Protestant Orphan Hall, Pery Street, Limerick
- St Joseph's Industrial School for Roman Catholic Boys, Sexton Street, Limerick (IS)
- St Mary's Magdalen Asylum, St Mary's, Clare Street /Pennywell Road, Limerick (MH)
- Protestant female Orphan Home, Upper Mallow Street, Limerick
- County Home, Gortboy, Newcastle West (MB/CC)
Except where indicated, this page () © Peter Higginbotham. Contents may not be reproduced without permission.