Aberdare Memorial Home for Boys, Highgate, London
The Aberdare Memorial Home was established in 1930 by the Children's Aid Society in a property known as Tray's Hill Hall at 120 Hornsey Lane, Highgate, London N6. The formal opening on April 10th, 1930, was performed by the Duke of York who on the same day also opened the new premises for the Grotto Home nearby. The Aberdare Home accommodated boys aged from 10 to 15 years.
In the early 1930s, the Home relocated to West Wickham in Kent.
The Tray's Hill Hall premises no longer survive.
Note: many repositories impose a closure period of up to 100 years for records identifying individuals. Before travelling a long distance, always check that the records you want to consult will be available.
- The records of the Children's Aid Society were inherited by Barnardos. Barnardo's 'Making Connections' and Family History Services — for enquiries relating the records of children formerly in the care of Barnardo's and those of other organisations absorbed by them.
- The Children's Aid Society: its work and its aims. (1938)
- None noted at present.
Except where indicated, this page () © Peter Higginbotham. Contents may not be reproduced without permission.