The National Children's Home Story
Action For Children (formerly the National Children's Home or NCH) offers access to records for:
- Adults who were formerly in care then adopted
- Adults formerly in care in the UK, now resident outside the UK
- Adults adopted through Action for Children
- Birth relatives wanting intermediary services i.e. help with search and reunion
For more details on accessing records, see the Action For Children website.
- Bradfield, William The Life of the Reverend Thomas Bowman Stephenson (1913, Kelly)
- Curnock, Nehemiah The Story of the Children's Home (C.H. Kelly, 1901)
- Higginbotham, Peter Children's Homes: A History of Institutional Care for Britain s Young (2017, Pen & Sword)
- Horner, Francis Shadow and Sun (Epworth Press, 1920)
- Howard, Philip J Philip: a Strange Child (Dalkeith Publishing, 2007)
- Philpot, Terry Action For Children (Lion, 1994)
- Walpole, Cecil F. Golden Links (Epworth Press, 1941)
Except where indicated, this page () © Peter Higginbotham. Contents may not be reproduced without permission.